2018-19 Varsity Girls Basketball
The Lady Eagles competed in the Michigan Lutheran Basketball Assoc. State Tournament of Champions in Ann Arbor on March 2 & 3, 2019. Only the top 8 teams in the state were selected for this tournament, and our ladies went into it seeded 3rd.
GAME 1: Our Lady Eagles worked hard and kept a great attitude, but they just had a tough time making baskets in the first game and scored only about half as many points as usual. Even in defeat, the ladies stayed positive.
GAME 2: The ladies rebounded nicely from the first game and were able to defeat Our Savior from Lansing in the second game. Playing solid defense, and shooting a little better, the ladies won a close game.
Game 3: They played on Sunday at St. Paul in the Consolation Championship and came away victorious!
Additionally, the team was awarded the Dr. Bruce Braun
2019 Women’s Sportsmanship Award by the Michigan District. Kaitlyn Zastrow was honored to be chosen for the “All Tournament Team“!
The Varsity Lady Eagles have had a season of tremendous growth and success, led by three outstanding 8th grade girls as well as two 7th graders & two 6th graders.
- 12 wins and only one loss
- tied for 1st Place in our league’s regular season
- earned 1st Place in our league tournament
- won 1st Place in the 10th Annual Peace Lutheran Tournament in Saginaw
- Click here to view the GIRLS VARSITY SCHEDULE
Our Lady Eagles continue to improve their skills by practicing several times each week as well as by playing in scrimmages. The girls qualified for the Michigan Lutheran Basketball Assoc. State Tournament of Champions. This tournament is held on March 2 & 3, 2019 in Ann Arbor, MI, and only the top 8 Lutheran teams in our state qualify to participate!
2018-19 JV Girls Basketball
- The team of 4th, 5th, and 6th grade girls worked hard and improved each game learning the fundamentals of basketball and teamwork
- Also Coached by Butcher & Zastrow
- Click here to view the GIRLS JV SCHEDULE