WE VALUE PHYSICAL EDUCATION
At St. John’s we believe that movement is essential for a complete education experience for the students. Students will learn better if they are allowed to move. Therefore, we provide opportunities to move during recess and gym class.
Students can extend their skill and understanding of the game by participating in the extra-curricular sports, competing against other area Christian schools. St. John’s participates in a Bay-Midland County Lutheran School League consisting of 6 schools. St. John’s athletic program is managed by our Athletic Director, Mr. Michael Hiddings, who teaches Grades 5-8.
Competitive Extra-curricular Sports
- Soccer – Co-ed, grades 4-8
- Girls Basketball – grades 3-5 on JV & grades 6-8 on Varsity
- Boys Basketball – grades 3-5 on JV & grades 6-8 on Varsity
- Cheerleading & Dance Team – girls grades 1-8
- PeeWee Basketball – Co-ed league for grades K-2
- Volleyball – Co-ed, grades 3-5 on JV & grades 6-8 on Varsity
- Track & Field – Co-ed, grades 4-8
- Chess Club – Co-ed, grades 5-8
SCHOOL MASCOT – WE ARE THE EAGLES!!!